Wednesday, April 7, 2010

St Maartin 14th-17th March

We had a hectic few days in St Martin.
On Monday Charlotte and I went “fruit shopping” at the electronic store – an Apple and a Blackberry!! Not to mention some other bits and pieces - this is my idea of shopping!! – forget the clothes and shoes. St Martin is the cheapest place in the Eastern Caribbean for electronics, and as my older/spare/Charlotte’s computer had recently “lost” its hard drive, it made me speed up my decision to change over to a Mac.

We met up with Paul and Leonor, who were down from NY at their time share.


On Tuesday Charlotte met up with Harmony again on Orient Beach – Jimmy and I enjoyed and “adult lunch” while they played on the beach and in the sea. On Wednesday we got to catch up with some other cruising friends at the weekly cruisers get together.

We headed back to the boat for a few hours sleep at 8pm – alarm clock on for midnight and then on Thursday 18th March, 12.30am we headed out of the anchorage in Marigot, on our way to Virgin Gorda BVI. Light winds, and downwind meant a motor sail. By 1am I was back in bed and Jimmy took watch til 5am when I took over, and he slept. 12 hours later, after an easy, non eventful sail, we were tying up to a mooring at The Baths – Virgin Gorda, in time for lunch. We had hoped to use the spinnaker, but it wasn’t to be. The winds were too light.

No comments:

Post a Comment